Sunday, August 23, 2009

We went to Venice....Jelous?

Cathy on her way to Venice.

Well we finaly made it to Venice after a slight mis cuculation about how easy it would be to get tickets but never the less we made it. After a train ride through some very beautiful country side we pulled into the train station,
this is the view imediatly outside the station. *sigh* it's a hard life but I suppose someone has to do it.

We spent a bit of the day on the island of Murano where they make the most beautiful glass, it would of been very easy to buy lots and lots of stuff, but I restrained my self to a few pieces of jewelery. We had lunch a a little cafe and amused the staff with our very bad Italian. We then headed into the more tourst area of San Marco. It was very beautiful but I think I i was to go back I would go early in the morning and avoid the hords of people. It was fun to explor the little side streets and the shops to be found there. I wish I had had more time and more money as the lace work was stunning but very expensive. All in all it was a good day, but it was getting quite late by the time we got gack to the Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment